Mike spent seven years working as a Broker at Jardine Lloyd Thomson in Melbourne and in 2002 was transferred to JLT’s Accident and Health Department in London.
For four years (2002 – 2005) Mike was a specialist A&H Lloyd’s Broker and during this time developed excellent relationships with the Lloyd’s A&H underwriting fraternity.
In mid-2005 he accepted a position at Miller Insurance Services in London until his return to Australia in a senior broking position within the Miller Group in 2006
Since 2006, he has had overall responsibility for Placement Strategy, including the implementation of underwriting facilities and the various authorities granted, at Miller followed by two specialised Accident & Health Underwriting
Mike has been a Named Underwriter on numerous Lloyd’s Binding Authorities continuously since 2006. He has negotiated some of the largest Group Personal Accident & Sickness contracts in both the Australian market and the Lloyd’s Accident
& Health market, via his long-term and extensive Lloyd’s broker & underwriter relationships and his product expertise
Mike has been working in the insurance industry since 1995:
- Bachelor of Business
- Diplomas in Financial Services
- General Insurance – Broking
- General Insurance – Underwriting
- ANZIIF Senior Associate and Certified Insurance Professional (CIP)
- Broker Accreditation from the UK’s then FSA, Lloyd’s and has been the Named Underwriter under a Lloyd’s Binding Authority every year since 2006.